Sunday, May 9, 2010

Love to Mom

Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing moms out there, especially mine! I am so incredibly grateful for my mom on so many levels, but most of all for loving and supporting me unconditionally.
As anyone who reads this blog or follows my biz knows, I'm crafty, creative and a bit of a risk taker. The first few qualities may be fun to see in your child, but cliff diving and jumping out of airplanes doesn't always sit so well with mothers! She may have worried, but always supported and accepted me for who I am. She instilled the creative spirit in me and helped it to flourish. My mom taught me to create things with my own two hands.  She does some amazing things with her own, from cooking meals for hundreds of homeless people, to making sweaters and quilts for sick babies in hospitals to creating beautiful artwork that surrounds my home. She taught me to grow and eat healthy foods, treat others the way I want to be treated and respect the earth.
a quilt mom made for me when I started The Grapeseed Co.

Mom has always encouraged me to follow my dreams. I am forever thankful for that; it's what made me into an entrepreneur. When I started my first business as a teenager, she not only supported me, but went and renewed her swim instructor credential (with a bunch of teenagers as her classmates no less) so that she could help me grow the business. After moving back home to Boston, fresh out of grad school in the first year of a "real job",  I met the man I eventually married. Within the first 6 months of dating, we decided to quit our jobs and sail a tiny boat to the Caribbean. Never once did she call me crazy or discourage me from what ended up being an adventure of a lifetime, and the spark that started The Grapeseed Co.

She's an amazing woman who did an unbelievable job raising four children and keeping our family as close today as we were as kiddos. I love you mom; thank you for everything and for helping make me who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment