Thursday, March 4, 2010

fresh from your kitchen: lemon eucalyptus steam

This is a clarifying, energizing steam I love to make at this time of year because my meyer lemons are starting to ripen! The sweet, clean, citrus blended with clarifying eucalyptus is sure to wake up your morning shower.
LEMON EUCALYPTUS STEAM
you'll need

a juice glass or small glass vase
decorative stones or small round stones (gather yourself or pick up some at World Market or Michael's)
1 lemon
eucalyptus essential oil
directions
~put the clean stones in your glass
~zest 1/2 the lemon and add
~squeeze lemon with juicer into glass
~add 20-30 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
~place on shelf in warm shower where it is exposed to steam
~breathe in deep and slow and enjoy your lemon eucalyptus steam shower

what it does
Lemon is an invigorating and cleansing natural scent. Breathing lemon is a natural strategy used by mountaineers for lack of oxygen. The first man to climb to the summit of Mt. Everest, Edmund Hillary has said that his accomplishment was greatly due to lemon. Meyer lemons have a sweeter scent than traditional lemons due to their origin of being a cross between lemons and mandarins.
Eucalyptus is an anti-inflammatory. It is very clarifying and can help with a stuffy head, headaches, congestion, cold care and promote healthy breathing.

Green Skin Care Blog brings simple spa delights to your home with Fresh From Your Kitchen: DIY recipes & treatments you can create with a trip to the grocer or health food store. Direct from the creator of The Grapeseed Company's personal stash of fresh beauty creations and concoctions.

related posts
Check out past Fresh From Your Kitchen features:
out-a here eye bags
natural cold & flu remedies
pumpkin cream pie facial
facial in a flower bouquet
I'm not 18 anymore muscle soak
the buzz sun repair mask
acai berry-oxidant mask
B.C.C. hair mask
vanilla dream salt glow
strawberry kiwi exfoliating mask
super silky bedtime bath salts
cold care
cool cucumber under eye mask
lemon ginger revitalizing bath
breakout busters
parsley facial steam

5 comments:

  1. This looks invigorating! Can't wait to try it - enough of winter weather - time for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I love eucalyptus and lemon and I happen to have both. I am going to do this. I can just imagine how energizing it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also,

    I couldn't see a contact page....but, would you like to do a link exchange with me? Let me know...Thanks!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin,

    I'd be happy to do a link exchange. My email is kristin(at)thegrapeseedcompanydotcom
    Other contact info is on thegrapeseedcompany.com page- there's a link in my profile

    Thanks,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel a little bit relaxed by simply reading this post. How much more if actually try this? I can't wait to try this... :D

    * Get rid of cellulite using the best cellulite cream.

    ReplyDelete