Wednesday, January 7, 2009

fresh from your kitchen: cold care

Yes, we are deep into that pesky time of year where germs surround us and colds run rapid! Today I'm sharing a quick pick-me-up I like to use when my sinuses are acting up, I'm stuffy, or I don't want to deal with the whole neti pot routine. This one will require a trip to a health food store, or a place where you can purchase essential oils, but it's well worth it; instantly opens the sinuses and helps with that stuffy head feeling.

Clear Your Head Cold Care Steam

10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
1-2 drops peppermint essential oil (you could also use a bag of peppermint tea)
1 drops cinnamon essential oil (a cinnamon stick would work too)

Directions:

~Boil a large kettle of water
~Select a large, shallow bowl
~Pour boiling water into bowl, add essential oils and let steep and cool for a few minutes
~Place bowl on table, sit in chair and let head drop down 12-18 in over bowl, be careful, if it's too hot, make sure to give more time to cool!
~Drape towel over head to trap steam between head and bowl
~Sit for 5 minutes, close eyes and breathe deeply

What it does:
Eucalyptus and peppermint oils are known to clear the respiratory system and ease breathing. Cinnamon is an immune system booster.

1 comment:

  1. I have the problem of stuffy head and it is unbearable. Thanks for sharing the method of taking steam. I am taking the simple steam now I am taking this and I am sure it surely clears my head. Thanks for the sharing.

    Spa Products-Online shopping for skin care products need several cares like original brand and avoiding freakish and counterfeit tricks of online sellers.

    ReplyDelete